Safeguarding and Protecting Young People.
Policies, Procedures and People
- OSHC use England Hockey's reporting procedures to ensure that any concerns are reported as appropriate - details of these procedures can be found by clicking here
- The club adheres to England Hockey's Safeguarding Polices and details can be found about these policies by clicking here
- OSHC are using England Hockey's Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) (formally CRB) and checking those that are eligible to coach at the club - you can see that the club is registered with EHB be viewing "DBS Registration". The club also follows EHB's guidance on DBS Eligibility and Best Practice for Recruiting and Retaining Volunteers - these can be viewed below at "EHB DBS Eligibility" and "EHB Recruiting Guidelines"
- The Club's Welfare Officer details and how to contact him if you wish to report any concerns can be found by clicking here
- The Club has guidelines around Good Practice for communication by its Captains and Coaches, this can be viewed by reading the "OSHC Communication Good Practice" document below
Education and Training
Club Welfare Training has been completed by relevant parties
- The Club Welfare Officer has attended the "Time to Listen" course - details of which can be found by clicking here
- All level 2 coaches & the Club Welfare Officer have completed Safeguarding and Welfare training (valid within the last 3 years)
- All coaches, leaders and volunteers have been encouraged to complete the England Hockey online safeguarding course.
A positive environment for all young people
- Please refer to the document "OSHC Emergency Procedures" to see the procedures in place for the club to deal with First Aid incidents
- A Risk Assessment has been completed for The Silhillians - if you wish to view the contents, you can see it by viewing the "The Silhillians Sports Club - Environment Risk Assessment" document below
- An example of an accident report form for dealing with accidents and injuries can be seen by viewing "Incident Report Form"
- A register of players showing records of relevant medical information is maintained on the club website, and all relevant data is shared with all Captains
- Please see the document "Expectations of OSHC Coaches and Captains" to see what is communicated to all Club Coaches and Captains when they move into post