For all of our Club Policies and Procedures we have aligned them with the 7 Pillars of the England Hockey Club Strategy. This link into Good Practice as identified within the ClubsFirst accreditation.
ClubsFirst - Social
CommunicationThe club has an appropriate form of communication to its members – this should include evidence of communication of policy. (for example news boards, e-newsletters, email communications etc)
- The club takes provide in its engagement with the local community. In line with the ever growing reliance upon Social Media and Electronic Communications, the club has adopted its own Social Media Policy - this can be viewed in the attached "OSHC Social Media Policy"
ClubsFirst - Local
Recruitment of New Players/VounteersActively encourages new members (for example news boards, e-newsletters, promotions, activities, school links etc)
- We openly welcome players have all backgrounds, ages, experience and abilities. Please see our pages specifically focused around New or Returning Players
for more details.
ClubsFirst - Stretching & Developing
Developing All Playing MembersThe club is committed to develop all people within the club that wish to advance; including players, coaches, umpires, leaders, etc. (For example communication of development opportunities, sharing of performance and development pathways etc)
- We comply with all standard policies around fairness and equality:- "EHB Equity Policy"
- We actively support the development through the Player Pathway of our Juniors - please see "Junior Player Development" attached for more details
- The Club has a clear Developmental Selection policy that can be found by viewing the "OSHC Selection Policy" document below.
Developing Non Playing Members
The club is committed to develop all people within the club that wish to advance; including players, coaches, umpires, leaders, etc. (For example communication of development opportunities, sharing of performance and development pathways etc)
- As a club, we will support financially, and in any other way possible, any of our members who wish to progress in a non-playing manner. Some (but not all) Opportunities and options are identified below:
- Members can attend Level 1 Umpire Courses; we ask that people pay for these up-front, and then we will discuss with you repayment of the fee in return for supporting the club. Course details can be found by visiting the England Hockey Book a Course Page.
- For those Umpires wishing to progress further, we will support the development of Club Umpire Developers and/or progression to Level 2. Please contact the Chairman if you wish to discuss either of these options.
- Workshop Attendance: Coaching Workshops are run by England Hockey mainly during Feb-May and cover Engaging Games for Children, Introduction to Hockey Coaching and Coaching for Club Players. You can book yourselves onto a course on the England Hockey Find a Course page - please book yourself a place on any of the workshops and then speak to the Chairman about how we will reimburse you in return for your help supporting the club.
- Coaching Course Attendance: as with workshops, you can book yourself on either a Sessional Coach Course or an EH Coach Course using the England Hockey Find a Course page. Most people will probably not need to attend a Coaching Course, but if you wish to coach independently e.g. in schools, or by yourself, then these are the courses for you. If you want financial support from the club, speak to the Chairman about how this can be achieved.
- Further Coaching Opportunities (some are paid): The club can support its coaches to develop in the Player Pathway, by delivering within the Club's coaching structure, or outside of the club e.g. within schools. If you want to know what is on offer, and how the club can help develop you, please speak to the Chairman.
* Committee Members / Helpers
- Young Leaders: we have several Young Leaders who support our Junior Coaching on a Sunday morning - often to support their Duke Of Edinburgh Award Service element. If you are interested in taking up this opportunity, please contact the Chairman.
- Safeguarding Training: there are three options to support from a Safeguarding perspective:
a) Online Safeguarding Training available via the England Hockey - Hockey Hub
b) Safeguarding and Protecting Children - usually run by local County Sports Partnerships and organisations like SportsStuctures
c) Time to Listen - an England Hockey Welfare course, more information is available on the England Hockey Website.
- Joining the Committee: Official positions can only be elected at the AGM (held in September each year), but we are able to co-opt on members at any time during the year. If you believe you can help the club in some way, please speak to the Chairman. Some ideas about what you may wish to offer up are included in the following attached documents: "Junior Committee Role Descriptions", "OSHC Role Descriptions".
Managing Selection on the Website
- For those with access to manage selection, the details on how to Update Selection are available in the "Add Selection" document enclosed below. Players, please note this means you MUST be registered on the site to allow the club to select you.